To celebrate Core's launch on the Epic Games Store, users who either link their existing Core accounts to an Epic account OR create a new Core account through Epic will receive several cosmetic rewards as shown in the image below:
If you have already linked your Core and Epic accounts, your rewards will automatically be added to "My Collection" beginning at 9:00am PDT on April 13, 2021. If you don't see your rewards, you may need to do a complete logout and then log in again.
Please note that existing Core users should link their existing Core account to their Epic account, rather than create a new Core account through Epic. Creating a Core account through Epic should only be done by first-time users who are new to Core.
New users will be able to create Core accounts through Epic beginning on April 15, 2021. However, if new users would like to claim rewards NOW, they can create a Core account at coregames.com and then link to an existing Epic Games account using the steps shown below.
Ready to claim your rewards? Please read-on for playing Core with an Epic account!
To link your existing Core and Epic accounts, please follow the steps below. Note that you must already have both a Core and Epic account in order to link them.
To create a Core account, please click here (if you don't already have one).
To create an Epic account, please click here (if you don't already have one; this will take you to the Epic Games website).
- Log in to coregames.com via the website (you will not be able to link your accounts from within the Core Launcher).
- Once logged-in, click the arrow next to your username in the upper-right corner to access the Settings menu:
- Once in the Settings menu, click "Linked Accounts" on the left:
- Click the "Connect" button to begin the linking process. You will be taken to the Epic Games website.
- Once at the Epic Games website, sign in with Epic Games (note that this step may not appear if already logged into Epic Games):
- Your permissions will then be requested, click "Allow" to proceed:
- Upon successful connection, your linked Epic account will now give you the option to "disconnect" (from your Core account):
Core will also now show under Connections >> Apps within your Epic account:
Once Core launches on the Epic Games Store (EGS) on April 15, 2021, users will be able to create a Core account directly through Epic. Note that this account is independent of a Core account created through coregames.com.
A guide for that process will be at launch on EGS.
If you already have a Core account, we recommend linking it to an Epic account using the steps previously shown in this article.