To get started, you first need to download and install the Core Launcher. There are two ways to download and install Core - through the Epic Games Launcher or directly from coregames.com.
- Launch the Epic Games Launcher.
- Visit the Store from the left column of the Epic Launcher.
- Search for Core, once located, click the image to be taken to the Core page in the Epic Games Store.
4. Once on the Core Page, click the Get button to add Core to your Epic Games Library.
5. Go to your Epic Games Library and click on Core to begin the install.
6. Follow the installation prompts to begin installing Core.
7. Once installed in your Epic Games Library, click Launch to start Core.
8. Since it is your first time launching Core through Epic, you will need to run the Core Epic Installer.
Note that you only have to do this the first time you launch Core through Epic.
9. Follow the installation prompts. Users installing Core for the first time can skip the notes below and proceed to Step 8.
If you already have Core installed, you will see the prompt below:
Selecting Yes will associate all weblinks through the Epic Launcher from this point forward. If you selected Yes, then you should continue to use Core through the Epic Launcher from this point on.
10. Once installed, you will be prompted to "Connect" a Core account (to your Epic account) OR directly to create a new Core account/username. Existing Core users should connect/link to their existing account. Only new users should create a new account through Epic.
Should an existing Core user create a new account through Epic, this will become a new separate account from the existing account. These accounts cannot be merged and are completely independent of one another.
See below for a visual of how creating a new independent account should look.
Note that both connected/linked accounts and new accounts created through Epic will receive the "'Epic' Rewards" cosmetics bundle. You must have a connected/linked account or a new Core account through Epic to receive those rewards.
11. If you created a new Core account in the previous step (rather than connect/link an existing account), you will be given the opportunity to add an email address to your new Core account and receive two free legendary characters for doing-so (verified existing Core accounts that are linked to an Epic account also receive these characters).
12 You are now ready to enter Core World and explore the multiverse - enjoy!
If you run into issues installing the Epic Launcher, or it seems to be crashing/running into hiccups, please visit Epic’s troubleshooting guide for assistance.