To get started, you first need to download and install the Core Launcher. There are two options available for downloading and installing Core - either through the Epic Games Launcher or directly from coregames.com
- Locate Core in the Epic Games Store:
- Once located, click the image to be taken to the Core page in the Epic Games Store. Once there, click the "Get" button to add Core to your Epic Games Library:
- Go to your Epic Games Library, locate Core and click "Install":
- Follow the installation prompts to begin installing Core.
- Once installed in your Epic Games Library, click "Launch" to start Core:
- Since it is your first time launching Core through Epic, you will need to run the Core Epic Installer:
Note that you only have to do this the first time you launch Core through Epic.
- Follow the installation prompts. Users installing Core for the first time can skip the notes below and proceed to Step 8.
If you already have Core installed, you will see the prompt below:
Selecting "Yes" will associate all weblinks through the Epic Launcher from this point forward. If you selected "Yes", then you should continue to use Core through the Epic Launcher from this point on.
- Once installed, you will be prompted to "Connect" a Core account (to your Epic account) OR directly to create a new Core account/username. Existing Core users should connect/link to their existing account. Only new users should create a new account through Epic.
Should an existing Core user create a new account through Epic, this will become a new separate account from the existing account. These accounts cannot be merged and are completely independent of one another.
Note that both connected/linked accounts and new accounts created through Epic will receive the "'Epic' Rewards" cosmetics bundle. You must have a connected/linked account or a new Core account through Epic to receive those rewards.
- If you created a new Core account in the previous step (rather than connect/link an existing account), you will be given the opportunity to add an email address to your new Core account and receive two free legendary characters for doing-so (verified existing Core accounts that are linked to an Epic account also receive these characters).
- You are now ready to enter Core World and explore the multiverse - enjoy!
- Visit coregames.com and create an account (Core is free, but you will need an account to create and play).
- Click the "Download For Free" button in the upper-right corner of the screen:
- You will then be prompted to download CoreLauncherInstall.exe
- Click "Save" to download the file
- Once downloaded, locate CoreLauncherInstall.exe and open it
- When the CoreLauncherInstall.exe file is opened, you should see the following dialogue box
- After reading the Third Party Software Notices and/or Additional Terms and Conditions, Check the "I agree to the license terms and conditions" box to agree.
- You should now be able to click "Install" to begin installing Core (click "Yes" if Windows prompts you with "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" for Core Installer)
- Follow the installer prompts to complete installation
- Please note that it is recommended to install Core to the default path (Core must be installed to the same drive as your Windows 10 OS in order to run).
- Once installed, you should now be able to open and run the Core Launcher from the Desktop icon or the Start menu (the Launcher will automatically download, extract, and install any updates, patches, etc.)
- After the Launcher completes all updates, you will be whisked away to Core World:
- From here you can jump right into some games or begin creating your own project (simply press the [ESC] button to bring up the Core Browser). But first, we recommend customizing your character under "My Collection"!