To get started, you first need to download the Core client. Core games themselves do not require downloads, so this is the only time (apart from updates) that you need to do so:
- Visit coregames.com and create an account.
- Log in to coregames.com with your newly-created account
- Once logged in, locate the "Download Core" button in the upper-right corner of the screen (see yellow-highlighted area in image below):
- You will then be prompted to download CoreLauncherInstall.exe
- Click "Save" to download the file
- Once downloaded, locate CoreLauncherInstall.exe and open it
- When the CoreLauncherInstall.exe file is opened, you should see the following dialogue box
- After reading the Third Party Software Notices and/or Additional Terms and Conditions, Check the "I agree to the license terms and conditions" box to agree.
- You should now be able to click "Install" to begin installing Core (click "Yes" if Windows prompts you with "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" for Core Installer)
- Follow the installer prompts to complete installation
- Please note that it is recommended to install Core to the default path of
C:\ProgramData\Manticore Games\Core (rather than Program Files or Program Files (x86))
- Once installed, you should now be able to open and run the Core Launcher from the Desktop icon or the Start menu (the Launcher will automatically download, extract, and install any updates, patches, etc.)
- After the Launcher completes all updates, you should see the following browser:
- From here you can jump right into some games or begin creating your own project. But first, we recommend customizing your character! You can also check out our documentation and tutorials as well as join our Discord (Core Creator Hub)