All content available for purchase can be found in the Core Shop. This content includes:
- Core Credits
- Founder’s Packs
Content can be purchased with government-issued currency (US Dollar - USD) or in-platform Core Credits. However, certain types of content may only be purchased with government-issued currency or Core Credits. These are:
Government-issued currency (USD):
- Core Credits
- Founder’s Packs
Core Credits in-platform currency:
Adding a Payment Method
To add a payment method, you may:
- Visit the Account Settings page on the coregames.com website and add your payment method(s), or
- Add a payment method when purchasing content
Accepted payment methods include:
- American Express
To add a payment method while purchasing content, follow the steps below in (in this case, we will be purchasing Core Credits as our content). You may also follow the same steps for purchasing other content with government-issued currency, such as Founder’s Packs. *Please note that prices displayed in screens may differ from those currently listed in the Shop
Purchasing Core Credits In-Platform Currency
Core Credits are Core’s in-platform currency used for purchasing content such as heroes, mounts, and emotes. To purchase Core Credits, you must first have a payment method in the system - but don’t worry, you can add a payment method during checkout.
1. Visit the Core Shop by clicking on “Shop” in the top navigation bar:
2. Once at the Shop, select "Core Credits" in the Shop's top navigation bar (listed next to "Founder's Pack" and "Featured").
3. Select the amount of Core Credits you'd like to purchase by clicking the image of the credits or the green button.
4. As this is your first purchase, you may need to add a payment method at the following dialog box by clicking "Add Payment Method".
5. A new window will open that takes you to your Account Settings page.
6. From here, you may select to enter your credit card or PayPal information. If selecting "card", you will see the following dialog box for entering your credit card information:
7. Enter your credit card information and click "Add Payment Method". You will then see the following dialog box with your payment method(s) (you may add multiple credit cards or PayPal to your account):
8. If selecting PayPal, you will be presented with the following dialog box:
9. Click the "PayPal Checkout" button. A PayPal login screen will be displayed - enter your PayPal credentials to complete the process via PayPal and finish adding the payment method.
10. You are now all set to complete your purchase in the Core Shop!
11. When you return to the Core Shop from the Account Settings page after entering your payment method, the purchase dialog box will now look like the image below. You may also change your payment method before completing your purchase (if multiple payment methods in the system).
12. Click the "Purchase" button - once complete, you will receive a confirmation and the credits will be added to your balance in the top-right corner of your screen as shown below. You will also receive an email confirmation and receipt for your purchase. Please note that all purchases are in US Dollar (USD) - conversion to a final purchase amount on your statement may differ if purchasing in other government-issued currency.
The same process applies when purchasing Founder's Packs or other content that must be purchased with government-issued currency.
Purchasing Founder's Packs
To purchase Founder's Packs, you must use one of the payment methods listed above. Founder's Packs cannot be purchased using Core Credits.
1. Visit the Core Shop by clicking "Shop" in the top navigation bar.
2. Founder's Packs are located on the default Shop page.
3. Select one of the Founder's Packs by clicking on the image.
4. You will be brought to a page displaying all items you will receive with your Founder's Pack purchase.
5. Click the "Purchase" button to buy the Founder's Pack following the same steps listed above for purchasing Core Credits.
6. You will receive a confirmation on-screen as well as in your email.
Can I Upgrade My Founder's Pack if I've Already Purchased One?
Yes! For example, if you purchased the "Rare" Founder's Pack initially, but would like to upgrade to the "Epic" Pack, you will receive a discounted price on the Epic Pack for the value of the items you already own from your initial purchase of the Rare Pack.
Purchasing Content With Core Credits
Certain pieces of content can only be purchased with our Core Credits in-platform currency. These items include:
You must have a positive balance of Core Credits to make these purchases.
1. To make a purchase in the Core Shop using Core Credits, visit the Core Shop by clicking on "Shop" in the top navigation bar.
2. Once at the Shop, select "Featured" in the Shop's top navigation bar (listed between "Founder's Pack" and "Core Credits").
3. Select your content by clicking on the image (we will be purchasing Vark for this example).
4. If you would like to proceed with the purchase, click the green "Purchase" button (or "Get Credits" if insufficient Core Credits for purchase - this will take you to the Core Credits purchase page). Otherwise, you can return to viewing the other items by clicking the back arrow in the upper-left corner. If you have sufficient Core Credits and are proceeding with the purchase, select "Yes" in the "Confirm Purchase" dialog box.
5. You will receive a purchase confirmation on-screen as well as one sent to your account email. The Core Credits used to purchase the item will be deducted from your balance.
All in-game items available in the Core Shop are purely cosmetic and do not have an impact on gameplay (e.g. are not "pay to win" items).
As part of its Content offerings, Manticore may offer you the ability to acquire licenses to virtual credits or tokens (“Virtual Tokens”) such as by (a) purchasing a limited license to use Virtual Tokens for a fee (including as part of a Usage Subscription), (b) earning a limited license to use Virtual Tokens by performing or accomplishing specific undertakings through the Service, or (c) purchasing for a fee, exchanging Virtual Tokens for, or earning a limited license to use Content.
Manticore, in its sole discretion, may impose limits on the amount of Virtual Tokens that may be purchased, earned, accumulated, redeemed, or otherwise used.
Virtual Tokens can only be used to purchase other Content within the Service and have no value outside of the Service. You may not transfer, sell, gift, exchange, trade, lease, sublicense, or rent Virtual Tokens except within the Service and as expressly permitted by Manticore.
Virtual Tokens do not have an equivalent value in real currency and do not act as a substitute for real currency. Neither Manticore nor any other person or entity has any obligation to exchange Virtual Tokens for anything of value, including, but not limited to, real currency. Except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law, Manticore i) may engage in actions that may impact the perceived value or purchase prices, if applicable, of Virtual Tokens at any time, ii) has the absolute right, in its sole discretion, to manage, modify, substitute, replace, suspend, cancel or eliminate Virtual Tokens, including your right to access or use Virtual Tokens, without notice or liability to you, and iii) reserves and retains all rights, title and interest, property or otherwise, in and to the Virtual Tokens.
We hope you enjoy your purchase(s) from the Core Shop. However, please keep in mind that all sales are final and no refunds will be given.
When you make a purchase on or receive a gift through Core or the Core Shop, you have immediate access to, and use of, the product(s) or service(s) you have purchased. Accordingly, except as described in our Terms of Service, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, cancellations are not permitted after a purchase, and we do not offer any refunds or credits (including, without limitation, fees for subscription(s)) and in-game items and other digital goods are not returnable after purchase. Manticore reserves the right to modify its refund policy at any time.
If you have problems with the installation or use of items purchased, or if you believe there are unauthorized purchases from the Core Shop in your Core account or on your credit card/payment method, please contact Support as soon as possible.
The following refund policy can be found in Section 4(B) of the Manticore Games, Inc. Terms of Service:
Except as set forth in any Additional Terms, purchases of Content (including but not limited to Usage Subscriptions) are final, non-refundable, have no monetary value (i.e. are not a cash account or equivalent) and are purchases of only a limited, revocable, personal, and non-transferable license to use such Content through the Service, even if such purchases come with a durational term (for instance, a monthly subscription). Notwithstanding any agreement by Manticore to provide a discretionary pro-rata refund or credit in certain circumstances, you have no property, proprietary, intellectual property, ownership, economic, or monetary interest in your Account, Core or User Content, Usage Subscriptions or other virtual goods and services, which remain the exclusive property of Manticore (subject only to the limited User Content License set forth below, this Agreement, or any Additional Terms).