Core supports in-game and in-platform voice chat functionality! Read on for information on using voice chat as well as settings you can adjust.
Where Can I Use Voice Chat?
Voice chat is available for talking with players in-game as well as through the Party system where users can talk directly with other users in their Party.
For voice chat to be available in-game, a creator must enable this through their settings for the game. If voice chat is not enabled by the creator, it will not function.
By default, voice chat is enabled whenever you're in Core World or when joining/creating a Party. Only a Party's creator can disable voice chat for a Party.
Accessing Voice Chat, Channels, & Status
To access voice chat, channels, and check its status, press the [ESC] key to bring up the Browsing Menu. Once there, locate the Social panel to the right. You will see a blue button dropdown indicating your current voice chat status:
- Active: You are active in the game's voice chat channel - other users can hear you and you can hear them.
- Not Available: Voice chat is not available or disabled - there is nobody to communicate with.
Clicking on the button dropdown will allow you to switch between Game Voice Chat and Party Chat (if you are in a party). Voice chat states are as follows:
- Game Voice Chat (Active): Voice chat with all users who are also in the game's voice chat. If you are also in a Party, the others in the Party will not be able to voice chat with you, nor you with them (you must switch to Party Voice Chat to communicate with your Party).
- Game Voice Chat (Not Available): Voice chat is not available or is disabled.
- Party Voice Chat (Active): Voice chat only with users in your Party. If you are in-game, other users in-game will not be able to voice chat with you nor you with them (you must switch to Game Voice Chat to communicate in-game).
- Party Voice Chat (Not Available): Voice chat is not available or is disabled.
- None: Voice chat and audio are both disabled - other users can't hear you and you can't hear them.
To mute a player you no longer wish to hear, right-click their name under "Players In Game" or "Party" (if other player is in your Party) within the Social pane. From there, click "Mute Voice" to no longer hear them:
To unmute them, follow the same steps. Additionally, you can also report and block players should they be violating Core's Code of Conduct, Terms of Service, or other Moderation Policies.
Voice Chat Settings
Voice chat settings can be found with the other Social settings by clicking the button highlighted in red below (just above the Voice Chat button dropdown):
The following settings under Social apply specifically to voice chat. Note that the settings listed below are shown in their default state:
General Voice Chat
These are your voice chat settings for all channels (e.g. Game and Party)
- Voice Chat Volume: The volume at which you hear other users' voices.
- Microphone Volume: The output volume at which other users hear your voice.
- Voice Chat Mode:
- Push-To-Talk - You must press a key to talk (default [Y]).
- Push-To-Toggle - Pressing a key turns your microphone on and leaves it on. You must press the same key to turn it off (default [Y]). Your microphone remains on if toggled "on".
- Detect Speaking - Your microphone automatically turns on when noise is detected. Assume your microphone is "always on" in this mode!
Party Voice Chat
- Party Voice Chat Enabled: Allows you to fully-use voice chat when in a Party (uncheck to disable all Party voice chat functionality).
- Party Voice Chat Mic Enabled: Allows others to hear you in voice chat when in a Party (uncheck to disable if you wish to only hear your Party - they won't be able to hear your voice if disabled).
Game Voice Chat
- Game Voice Chat Enabled: Allows you to fully-use voice chat when in a Party (uncheck to disable all in-game voice chat functionality).
- Game Voice Chat Mic Enabled: Allows others to hear you in voice chat in-game (uncheck to disable if you wish to only hear in-game voice chat - others won't be able to hear your voice if disabled).