MetaMask is a crypto wallet and gateway to the world of Web 3, decentralized finance (DeFi), and NFTs. It only takes a few minutes to set up.
How to install MetaMask:
1) Download the MetaMask browser extension. We’ll be using the Chrome Extension for this guide, but the steps are nearly identical for other browsers such as Firefox, Edge, or Brave. Bring up the MetaMask Chrome Extension and click Add to Chrome:
2) Once installed you will see this screen pop up, click Get Started.
3) Next click Create a Wallet.
4) It will then ask if you want to help them improve their product. Select No Thanks or I agree depending on your personal preferences.
6) Watch the short video to secure your wallet and learn more about the Secret Recovery Phrase. Don't skip the video tutorial as this will help you better understand your personal security.
7) MetaMask will then give you a 12-word backup phrase. Make sure you write this down in a secure place and in the same order displayed on your screen. If you ever lose access to your computer, you will need this 12-word backup phrase to recover your wallet, so keep this safe! Do not share your 12-word backup phrase with anyone because if you do they will have access to the funds in your MetaMask wallet! You will no longer have access to any digital assets stored in your wallet by losing access.
8) You now have installed your MetaMask wallet! Congratulations 🎉. Just click All Done on the final page, and you will be automatically logged in to MetaMask. If you ever get logged out, you’ll be able to log back in again by clicking the MetaMask icon added to your web browser (usually found next to the URL bar).
9) To access MetaMask, simply click on the MetaMask fox in your browser extensions to see your current ETH balance and public account address.
10) Next step is to Connect MetaMask with your Core account.